Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cooper



I never thought I'd primarily photograph newborns. My first experience I can remember going to a Maternity Ward was in achievement days at the age of 9. It freaked me out. All those new crying, helpless babies...and the mothers that had just pushed them out.

I feel a little different now (a little), although sometimes I get annoyed during a shoot when I move a baby or un swaddle it and it screams and cries, most of the time I really am in awe. In awe of these brand new humans that 24 hours ago were inside a womb. That we all used to be just like them. That I started out like this. I often wonder what kind of people these babies will be when they grow up. What they will experience in their lives. When we make eye contact, I wonder what they really understand. I'm humbled every day at what their mothers have just accomplished, and getting to see a new life begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment