Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sanctuary
























 As a child I had a large window seat in my room that I would lay on sometimes at night and wait for Peter Pan. Later, I would read all the Harry Potter books there, cry during hard times, and wouldn't allow any home work to be done on that windowsill. It was my sanctuary. The night before my wedding, I visited my sanctuary for the last time. I lifted up the window to let in the summer breeze and thought of all the comfort, support, and love that windowsill had given me. Can places provide such things? I have grown up and am in charge of creating my own sanctuaries now. When I close my eyes and think of home, these images flash through my mind. They may just seem like random objects, but each has a special meaning to me. And together they create a sanctuary in my new home. The things you surround yourself with serve as subliminal reminders of who you are.  So take a look around.

1 comment: